Friday, May 14, 2010

No one can insult you


*"I was so deeply insulted and hurt by what you said"
*



**


*No you weren't! You hurt yourself. You insulted yourself. It’s not what
others say to you that makes you feel what you feel; it’s what you do with
what others say to you in your mind that results in you creating the feeling
that you feeI! E.g. if you call me irresponsible that's your perception
(understanding) of me but it’s not my perception (understanding) of me. I
know I am not irresponsible. I can only conclude that either you don't know
me very well, or you have not yet learned to separate the person from their
behaviour, or you yourself are thinking and feeling negative for some reason
and that’s why you are perceiving (understanding) me as irresponsible.
Finally, no one can insult you, and no one 'makes' you feel anything.*

No comments:

Post a Comment